No products in the cart.
- This event has passed.
Saltwater Saturday with Capt. Bruce Chard
December 9, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Captain Bruce’s love and commitment to the sport of fly fishing is shown in his accomplishments within the fly fishing industry. Since becoming addicted to fly fishing in his teens, Bruce knew what his career was going to be right out of high school and didn’t waste any time after graduating by promptly starting his fly fishing guiding business in the Florida Keys. Bruce has since been a full-time Florida Keys fly fishing flats guide gaining 23 years of experience and counting. Specializing in sight fishing for bonefish, tarpon, and permit, Bruce has become one of the most sought after fly fishing guides in all the Florida Keys.
- FFF Master Certified Fly Casting Instructor
- American Fly Fishing Trade Association Board Member – AFFTA
- Featured Angler in the full length fly fishing film “RISE” by Confluence Films
- Fly Fisherman Magazine Salt Water Digital Contributor
- Designed and created a full line of Bruce Chard Professional Series Grand Slam fly lines – winning best of show award at 2013 IFTD show
- Hosts popular fly fishing schools and adventure trips for bonefish, tarpon, permit, GT’s and sailfish throughout the Florida Keys, Bahamas, Belize, Mexico, Christmas Island and Guatemala for the past 18 years
- Has fly fished in over 9 different countries worldwide
Schedule of Events
9:00-9:45 – Intro to salt water fly fishing the flats – Grand Slam slide show
9:45-10:15 – One on One time with Capt. Bruce
10:15-11:00 – Becoming an Angler – Presentation and fish fighting techniques
11:00-11:20 – Customer Q&A
11:20-12:00 – Flies for the Flats
12:00-1:00 – Lunch is Served
1:00-1:45 – Rigging for the Salt – Understanding the importance of fly line and leader design
1:45-2:00 – One on One time with Capt. Bruce
2:00-2:30 – Salt Water Casting Intro inside
2:30-3:30 – Casting in the Park
3:45-4:30 – CXI Presentation and give away