Presentations, Demonstrations, Book Signings and Gear Checks!
Learn from and meet some of the best!: As fall begins to fade to winter, many of us get tarpon, bonefish, and permit on the brain. Are you one of those salty dogs who makes the trip to the big blue multiple times a year? Or are you sick of freezing your digits in the winter and considering an escape with the family to someplace where you can bring your fly rod? Either way, our Saltwater Saturday on Nov. 1st, 2014 will have something for you!
- Just getting into saltwater fishing? Catch one of the presentations by Capt. Bruce Chard to fast-track your understanding of saltwater fishing.
- Already have saltwater gear? Bring your gear in and our saltwater specialists will take a look at your back tackle and make sure you’re ready for any upcoming trips. Have a knot on a reel you haven’t fished in a few years that you just don’t trust to a monster tarpon? We can help!
- Considering going somewhere new? We’ll have Jim Klug, founder and director of operations of Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures in the shop. He’s literally a walking guide book to saltwater destinations around the world.
- Already heading to a new destination? Come browse the front range’s largest selection of custom saltwater fly patterns and check out the newest saltwater gear!
- Want to win some great schwag? Our friends at Hatch have graciously provided all kinds of goodies for us to give away during the day, including the ultimate saltwater reel, a Hatch 7 Plus!
In addition to our own experienced staff, we’ll also have a few special guests at the shop!
Capt. Bruce Chard
Capt. Bruce Chard will be taking time out of his busy guiding schedule to bring some of that hard earned knowledge north! He’ll be on hand doing presentations and demonstrations all day. As an extremely accomplished saltwater angler, he will be a great resource to learn from whether you’re just starting out or a seasoned salt veteran.
We’ll also have Jim Klug in the shop talking about the stories behind the photos in his new book Fly Fishing Belize. Hot off the presses, this beautiful coffee table book is getting rave reviews. Get your copy personalized by Jim himself, and pick his brain on his favorite destinations!
Saltwater Saturday Schedule – November 1st 2014
|Gear Checks||All Day|
|Capt. Bruce Chard Saltwater Fly tying demo||9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.|
|Saltwater Grand Slam on the Fly – Capt. Bruce Chard||11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
|Hands on Session with Capt. Bruce Chard||1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Jim Klug Fly Fishing Belize Book Signing||2 p.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Capt. Bruce Chard Saltwater Casting Demonstration||3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m
Want to participate and cast with Capt. Bruce? We’ll have a few rods rigged up but feel free to bring your own so you can try out the techniques real-time!
|General Q&A with Wine & Cheese & Hatch 7+ Giveaway||4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Bonus Presentations on Sunday Nov. 2nd||Want to learn even more about fly fishing in the salt? Please join Front Range Anglers owner Steve McLaughlin for a presentation on fishing Christmas Island from 9-10 a.m. on Sunday Nov. 2nd (yes we’re opening the shop an hour earlier for this). Immediately following this join Capt. Bruce Chard as he discusses the incredible fishery of Black Fly Lodge on Abaco, Bahamas. Learn about the bones, tarpon and permit that make Black Fly such a unique lodge.|
More about Capt. Bruce Chard
Captain Bruce’s love and commitment to the sport of fly fishing is shown in his accomplishments within the fly fishing industry. Since becoming addicted to fly fishing in his teens, Bruce knew what his career was going to be right out of high school and didn’t waste any time after graduating by promptly starting his fly fishing guiding business in the Florida Keys. Bruce has since been a full time Florida Keys fly fishing flats guide gaining 23 years of experience and counting. Specializing in sight fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit, Bruce has become one of the most sought after fly fishing guides in all the Florida Keys.
- FFF Master Certified Fly Casting Instructor
- American Fly Fishing Trade Association Board Member – AFFTA
- Featured Angler in the full length fly fishing film “RISE” by Confluence Films
- Fly Fisherman Magazine Salt Water Digital Contributor
- Designed and created a full line of Bruce Chard Professional Series Grand Slam fly lines – winning best of show award at 2013 IFTD show
- Hosts popular fly fishing schools and adventure trips for bonefish, tarpon, permit, GT’s and sailfish throughout the Florida Keys, Bahamas, Belize, Mexico, Christmas Island and Guatemala for the past 18 years
- Has fly fished in over 9 different countries world wide
More about Jim Klug
Jim Klug has worked in the fly fishing and outdoor industry since the age of 14. Jim is the founder and Director of Operations for Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures, a Bozeman, Montana-based fly fishing travel company that specializes in booking and arranging fishing trips all over the world. Over the past 30 years, Jim has worked in the fishing industry as a guide, sales rep, travel coordinator, photographer, and as past National Sales Manager for Scientific Anglers. He has guided extensively in Montana, Colorado, New Mexico and Oregon, and has fished throughout the world in over 35 different countries.
Jim’s articles and photos have appeared in numerous magazines, including Fly Fisherman, Fly Fishing In Saltwater, Fly Rod and Reel, the New York Times, The Drake, Fly Fish Journal, Fly Fusion, American Angler, and several others. More of Jim’s photos and articles can be found at www.klugphotos.com.
Jim currently serves on numerous conservation and industry boards, including the Turneffe Atoll Trust, the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF), the American Fly Fishing Trade Association (AFFTA).
Aside from his work with Yellow Dog and his photography, Jim is also a founder and partner in Confluence Films, where – along with cinematographer Chris Patterson – he teamed up to create the 2008 fly fishing movie DRIFT, the 2009 movie RISE, the 2011 film CONNECT and 2013’s WAYPOINTS. Jim is the executive producer and writer for Confluence’s projects and films. Jim lives in Bozeman, Montana with his wife Hilary, daughter Carson, and sons Finn and Waylon.