No products in the cart.
What to Expect On Your Boulder Guided Fly Fishing Trip
You will only find a friendly and helpful staff and a world class, professional fly shop at Front Range Anglers. We specialize in introducing the sport of fly-fishing to first-time fly fisherman in addition to helping experienced anglers hone their skills. You will find that our guides are extremely knowledgeable and patient as they assist you throughout your adventure.
Typically we start your trip by meeting at the shop, but pickup for you in the Boulder area can always be arranged with the guide. At the shop, you will be properly sized and fitted in your equipment to ensure your comfort. Once we have the equipment fitted and all the necessary fishing licenses, the guide will provide transportation to the water.
Our guides create a comfortable learning environment for you and use years of fly-fishing and guiding experience to get you into fish. You will find that our guides are both patient and attentive, especially with kids. A great guide will work hard so that you don’t have to.
You can also sign our liability waiver before your trip by clicking the button below!
Details About Your Guided Trip
Your Fishing License
After booking your trip, we encourage you to take a few seconds and purchase your Colorado fishing license online before your trip. Fishing licenses often take some time to process at the shop, so we encourage you to pre-purchase your license online to save time. Just click the link, fill out the information, print out the receipt when you are done, and make sure to bring it with you on the day of your trip! You must keep it on you while fishing. If you are only fishing for one day, select resident or non-resident, then the $9 one-day fishing license option for the date of your trip.Purchase Your Fishing License
Your FRA guide will provide:
Flies – FRA guides are stocked and prepared with flies.
Drinking Water – It’s very important to stay hydrated in the dry high alpine air of Colorado. Drink more than you think you need.
First Aid Kit – All FRA guides are First Aid / CPR Certified.
Sunscreen – SPF 30+ is necessary year round in Colorado to avoid nasty burns. Glare off the water only intensifies the sun.
Bug Spray – Simple, but it makes a world of difference in your enjoyment on the water.
What you should bring:
Layers – The weather in Colorado is notorious for changing quickly. Your best strategy is to bring multiple light layers that can be added/removed quickly.
Packable Rainwear – Summer rains can be cold and intense, and often times even include small hail.
Pants – Light, synthetic pants are best in waders. Jeans bunch up and become uncomfortable quickly.
Socks – Medium or lightweight synthetic socks are ideal.
Sunglasses – Standard lenses are good, but polarized lenses great! Bring them if you have them.
Hat – Recommended for sun protection and comfort, and it also helps cut glare from above which will help you spot fish!
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. Trip balance is due day of trip; required on all trips.
- 48 hour notice is required on all non-private water cancellations. Deposit will be forfeited on any cancellation without proper notice.
- 7 days notice is required on all private water cancellations. Deposit and Rod Fees will be forfeited on ANY cancellation without at least 7 days notice.
- All trips include premium equipment if needed, but feel free to bring your own equipment if you like.
- All transportation to your fishing destination will be provided. If you need to be picked up in the Boulder area, it can be arranged with your guide.
- Lunch is only included on full day trips.
- Trip pricing does not include your Colorado fishing license or guide gratuity
- Private water destinations will incur an extra rod fee.
You can sign our liability waiver before your trip by clicking the link below.