No products in the cart.
Sage Xi3 Fly Rod
Many people have asked what are the improvements from the XI2, here is FRA’s take…Components and updated graphite change the looks and positively affect the weight of the XI3. The lighter weight in hand translates to better feel for the caster. The rod loads quickly and identifying the sweet spot while casting a floating line was easy and enjoyable. You get the sense that the XI3 will work equally well with sink tips or full sinking lines. This feel at close to mid-range seems to come without compromising the long-range performance the XI2 was known for. Is this the most versatile saltwater series Sage has ever developed? We think so.
The Xi3 makes it easier to put the fly exactly where you want.
With Sage’s exclusive SaltH2O Technology, Xi3 rods provide a groundbreaking level of torque and torsion resistance for superior tracking and less wasted energy at all distances. SaltH2O’s unique layer interface and proprietary resin also combine for maximum strength—even in high heat environments. The Xi3 adds improved line feel for easier and more intuitive casting. In short, the Xi3 is everything you need to make that first shot count.
Features and Specs
- Aggressive fast action
- Proprietary taper design utilizing SaltH20 technology
- Fuji hard chrome plated – stripping guides feature Alconite™ ceramic inserts, which offer the utmost durability and line wear resistance
- Tip-tops and snake guides are oversized on all models for ease of line movement
- Black anodized reel seat, cork and EVA fighting butt, heavy-knurled lock rings
- Aluminum tube and Black fabric rod bag
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.