BOOK with FRA!!
The Bahamas are OPEN & FISHING
Last Updated on : 16 June 2022
STEP 1: TESTING REQUIREMENTS
These protocols are subject to change at any time in response to new COVID-19 measures. Please check this website frequently for ongoing updates.
- Effective 19 June 2022 fully vaccinated travellers will no longer be required to submit to pre-travel COVID-19 testing to enter the country. Instead, valid proof of vaccination must be presented before boarding a flight to The Bahamas.
- COVID-19 testing is no longer required for persons travelling inter-island (domestic) within The Bahamas, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status (unvaccinated or fully vaccinated)
- Through Saturday, 18 June 2022, unvaccinated travellers, ages 12 and older, entering The Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR Test (including PCR, NAA, NAAT, TMA or RNA) test taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival.
- Through Saturday, 18 June 2022, unvaccinated children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test (either a Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR Test), taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival to The Bahamas.
- Effective 19 June 2022, all unvaccinated travellers ages 2 and older will be required to obtain a negative COVID-19 test — either a negative RT-PCR test or a Rapid Antigen test — taken no more than three days (72 hours) prior to travel and present the negative test results at check-in before travel to The Bahamas.
- Children under the age of 2 are exempt from any testing requirements.
- COVID-19 testing is no longer required for persons travelling inter-island (domestic) within The Bahamas, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status (unvaccinated or fully vaccinated).
STEP 2: BAHAMAS TRAVEL HEALTH VISA APPLICATION
Please Note: Effective at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, 19 June 2022, travellers will no longer need to apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa in order to enter the country.
- At this time, the Bahamas Government will only be accepting vaccinations by AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria/Covishield), Janseen (Johnson & Johnson), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Moderna (Spikevax), Sinopharm, Covaxin or Sinovac.
- Effective 27 December 2021, all unvaccinated visitors, ages 12 and older, are required to upload their negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test results. Tests must be taken up to three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival.
- Effective 27 December 2021, Children between the ages of 2 and 11 are required to upload their negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test or COVID-19 RT-PCR test results. Tests must be taken up to three days (72 hours) prior to the date of arrival.
ALL BAHAMIAN RESIDENTS & CITIZENS
- All Bahamian citizens or residents planning to travel abroad for two (2) days or more must secure a test in the destination they visited before travelling back to The Bahamas. Any COVID-19 RT-PCR or COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test taken in The Bahamas prior to travel will not be valid for re-entry unless a person travels from The Bahamas and returns within a period of 24-hours.
- As part of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application, travellers will be required to opt in to the COVID-19 health insurance that covers them for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas, up to one (1) month. The cost of insurance is included in the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application fee.
- Bahamas Travel Health Visa applications can take up to 24 hours to process and should be completed with adequate lead time.
- The cost of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa is dependent on length of stay and vaccination status.
- All visitors eighteen (18) years and older are required to complete an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa application.
- Persons seventeen (17) years and younger are to add a profile within the account of their parent or guardian and complete an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa application.
About Soul Fly Lodge
Untapped, high quality fishery. NO other Lodges on Great Harbour Cay. Bonefish, Permit, Triggerfish, Mutton Snapper, Barracuda, etc.
Our sustainability ethos is carried through all of our efforts. We strive to reduce our impact, source local, eliminate waste, and offset our carbon footprint. We aren’t perfect but each year we promise to make progress; through your support we’ll constantly improve.
Ease of Access. Brand new airport. Official port of entry that caters to private jets, daily flights from Nassau and direct flights from Florida.
Brand new skiffs – Maverick 17 HPX-V & S 2021 lodge edition.
Our guides, staff and lodge hosts are all experts in their craft with experience that is measured in decades.
Full restaurant run by our top notch Bahamian Chef. Full bar and cocktail lounge. Al fresco, outdoor, and indoor dining available.
Fishery Conservation. Protecting this fishery for generations to come is our top priority; we combine angler education & the support of sound science to reduce our impact.
Community is everything. Keeping revenue on the island, enabling our staff to thrive & engaging in projects that will honor and uphold the Great Harbour Cay community are top priorities.
Nestled into the eastside of Great Harbour Cay overlooking the ocean with a short winding path carrying you to an idyllic Bahamian beach. The Lodge sits about a mile north of what Travel & Leisure calls the 13th most beautiful beach in the world.
A 20’ by 50’ pool with plenty of comfortable seating provides the perfect setting to swap fishing stories and catch up with old & new friends.
Short runs combined with options to fish the boat or focus on wading will give you the opportunity to tailor your day exactly as you please.
What to Expect...
Setting expectations appropriately is a key element to looking back at your experience with a grin that stretches from ear to ear. We’re all about transparency and we strive to attract anglers that are the right fit for Soul Fly Lodge. The Bahamas is a dynamic location with ever-changing conditions. The Bottom Line: Get here when you can and we’ll guide you to an experience we hope you’ll never forget.
The variety of bonefishing elements in the Berry Islands will quickly grab and tightly hold your attention. From miles of tailing bonefish on firm, wadable white sand flats, to lush turtle grass, ocean edges, thick mangroves, and backcountry creeks, the fishing around Great Harbour Cay does not disappoint. Bonefish here range from 2 to 10+ pounds with average fish around 3 to 4 pounds.
The permit fishing in the Berry Islands is special and a long kept secret. Permit can be found from Chub Cay to the south, all the way up to the north end of the chain. Our guides have been chasing permit for years and are prepared to help you intersect with arguably the toughest fish to fool with a fly. 10 to 50 pound permit have been caught in the Berry Island chain.
In the warmer months, and even sometimes in the dead of winter, Mutton Snapper can be found patrolling the flats. Muttons are tough and fight like a bulldog. You won’t regret connecting with this beautiful flats target. Plus, mutton are a delicious fish to bring back to the lodge for Chef to grill up!
While poling flats, edges, and shorelines it’s likely you’ll see a highly underrated target; the barracuda. These fish are lightning fast and pull like hell. When they want to eat, they’ll be on your fly in a flash. Get ready for a firm strip set as these toothy predators have super boney mouths and will be ready to fight with all their might.
We’re lucky to have triggerfish right in our backyard in the Berry Islands. These fish are very aware, inquisitive and selective. Watching this quarry tail on your fly is a sight to be seen. Get ready for a long strip set and a wily, hard fight as the trigger loves to dive for cover.
Although it is illegal to fish for sharks in the Bahamas, they are an incredible sight on the flats. Lemons, blacktips, tigers, hammerheads, and several other shark species roam these shallow waters.
Rest Easy & Play Hard...
Tastefully Furnished Guest Rooms
Soul Fly Lodge has 4 beautiful guest rooms with ensuite private bathrooms. Each room has super comfy beds and all the amenities you’ll need for a relaxing stay. Rest easy & play hard.
Cool off in our 20 x 50 foot freshwater pool. Perched 22 feet above the churning Atlantic on the east side of Great Harbour Cay, our pool is the perfect place to sip a cocktail and unwind from your day on the water. The Rooster was a favorite symbol of the late Earl “Mr. Celebrity” Blackwell, the original owner of the property and founder of the Celebrity Service which took him on great adventures with the most prolific movie stars of the 60’s & 70’s.
Dining at The Carriearl Roost
We are proud to introduce the Carriearl Roost! While our team starts a new chapter on Great Harbour Cay, we honor the history that comes before us. The hotel previously hailed by the name, “The Carriearl”. We proudly carry on the namesake through mindfully crafted cuisine and a full bar newly dubbed: The Carriearl Roost. Our renowned Bahamian Chef will, no doubt, impress foodies and traveling anglers alike.
Stay a while…
With a number of different spots to congregate, you can find a nook for a relaxing read or gather round the coffee table for cocktails to recount your day on Great Harbour Cay and its surrounding islands.
The newly rebuilt Great Harbour Cay Airport is only 120 miles East of Miami. It is a one hour flight from Florida and only a twenty minute flight from Nassau. Great Harbour Cay (GHC) is an official port of entry and can receive private aircraft both large and small.
Makers Air & Tropic Ocean Airways have scheduled service from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, to/from the island several times each week. LeAir Charter Services has scheduled service twice each day to/from the island from Nassau, Bahamas. Arrivals directly from Florida will clear Customs and Immigration here on Great Harbour Cay. Arrivals from Nassau will clear Customs and Immigration in Nassau.
Book LeAir // Nassau to GHC // 20 min flight
Suggested to arrive in Nassau at least 2 to 3 hours prior to departure time on LeAir to Soul Fly Lodge on Great Harbour Cay.
Lynden Pindling International Airport, Windsor Field Road, Nassau, Bahamas
Comfortable flight, a more expensive option than LeAir but gets you to GHC faster and more easily.
Sheltair Terminal FLL Airport
1050 Lee Wagener Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Comfortable flight, a more expensive option than LeAir but gets you to GHC faster and more easily.
2331 Northwest 55th Court Hangar 19 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Fly Fishing Package Rates
2022 Rates (October 2021-June 2022)
3 Nights / 2 Fishing Days = $2,650.00
4 Nights / 3 Fishing Days = $3,500.00
5 Nights / 4 Fishing Days = $4,300.00
6 Nights / 5 Fishing Days = $4,950.00
7 Nights / 6 Fishing Days = $5,350.00
8 Nights / 7 Fishing Days = $5,850.00
3 Nights / 2 Fishing Days = $4,240.00
4 Nights / 3 Fishing Days = $5,600.00
5 Nights / 4 Fishing Days = $6,880.00
6 Nights / 5 Fishing Days = $7,920.00
7 Nights / 6 Fishing Days = $8,560.00
8 Nights / 7 Fishing Days = $9,360.00
INCLUDED: Fishing, Lodging, All Meals, Non-Alcoholic & Alcoholic Bevs, Airport/Marina Transfer, Fishing License
EXCLUDED: Gratuities, International & Domestic Transport to Great Harbour Cay, Terminal Tackle, Government Taxes & Fees (including 10% VAT)
CANCELLATIONS & RESERVATION CHANGES
We highly recommend trip and travel “Cancel for Any Reason” insurance which you must specifically select. Medical extraction and “Cancel for Any Reason” Travel insurance can be provided by: Global Rescue. Please note: With Global Rescue, in order to get the “Cancel for Any Reason” Coverage you must purchase the policy within 20 days of the initial trip deposit. If costs are added along the way, additional costs must be insured within 20 days of being added. All non-refundable trip costs must be insured. This is not offered to New York State residents.
Date changes can be made 61+ days prior to arrival at Soul Fly Lodge (subject to availability). Date changes cannot be made to reservations 60 days or less prior to arrival date. Soul Fly Lodge reserves the right to charge a handling fee of $100 per person for any changes to the reservation.
Cancellations 90 days prior to the start of the trip: A 10% penalty would be incurred. The remaining 90% can be refunded or applied to a future trip booked within one year.
Cancellations 61-90 days prior to the start of the trip: A 50% penalty would be incurred. The remaining 50% can be refunded or applied to a future trip booked within one year.
Cancellations 60 days or less prior to the start of the trip: No refund or credit will be given.
Cancellations due to COVID-19: Should a trip be cancelled for COVID-19 reasons you should rely on your trip insurance and/or your “Cancel for Any Reason” trip insurance policy.
Front Range Anglers recommends all anglers to have Medical Evacuation Insurance- we recommend Global Rescue, and we HIGHLY recommend Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance. FOR ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT: KIM D’[email protected] – 617.459.4200
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FRA GENERAL TERMS & CANCELLATION POLICY
Trip Insurance is strongly advised & recommended!