If wading and sight casting to double-digit Bonefish, tailing Indo-Pacific Permit and a host of Trevally species on powder white sand flats on an extremely remote Indian Ocean atoll appeals to you then look no further, St Brandon’s Atoll is the destination for you. St Brandon’s (Cargados Carajos Shoals) is a group of over 50 small islands, coral ridges, and vast sand flats that extends 50 km from North to South. Situated 268 nautical miles Northeast of Mauritius’ main island, this area is rich in fish stocks, flora, and fauna. This magical atoll has quickly risen to iconic status in the world of saltwater fly-fishing and for good reason; the flats fishing for Bonefish, Indo-Pacific Permit and a host of Trevally species is simply world class!
Previous seasons on St Brandon’s have been run using a live-aboard mother ship MY Gryphon, as foreigners were not permitted by the Mauritian authorities to stay on the island. However, the last 5 years of hard work have finally paid off! We are excited to announce the beginning of a new era in this project; the St. Brandon’s land-based experience! Guests will be accommodated in a simple but comfortable guesthouse on Raphael Island situated in the fish-rich Northern part of the atoll. Although the guesthouse is by no means luxurious, it is clean and comfortable. And considering it’s remote location, it’s all a traveling angler needs to enjoy the finest trophy Bonefish, Indo–Pacific Permit, and trophy GT fishing available in the Indian Ocean.
Contact Front Range Anglers Adventure Travel Manager Lisa McLaughlin for additional information and to BOOK!
St Brandon’s offers the finest flats fishing for bonefish and Indo- Pacific permit on the planet. Anglers consistently target high numbers of tailing bonefish averaging 6-8lbs. Double figure fish are landed on an almost weekly basis. The biggest bonefish landed were over 14lbs and close to 35”!
- 2-foot tides, tailored for tailing species.
- Prime location for permit
- Golden and bluefin trevallies are also prevalent
- Terrain: 95% Hard Sand
2020 FRA Hosted Expedition
May 17th-28th, 2020
- $8,500 per person sharing 10-night/7-day fishing expedition. (Rate is based on double occupancy lodging and two anglers per guide)
- Single room option is an additional $1,500 US per client
- Single angler option is an additional $1,500 per client
- Group Size: 6 guests
- Accommodation: Four bedrooms/two-bathroom air-conditioned guesthouse on Raphael Island.
- Transport to and from the atoll: Transport is done using supply vessels. The hull design for the vessels help to offset the rolling motion, the lodging rooms are air-conditioned, and there is a partially covered deck area for fresh air. Transport time is 24-28 hours, each direction.
- May 17, 2020 – Clients to arrive on Mauritius (airport code MRU.) Client is responsible for own overnight lodging.
- May 18, 2020 – Transport boat departs from Port Louis at around 14:00
- May 19, 2020 – Arrive on St Brandon’s around 16:00
- May 20-26, 2020 – 6 full fishing days
- May 27, 2020 – Depart St Brandon’s around 07:00am
- May 28, 2020 – Arrive back in Port Louis Harbour on Mauritius at around 09:00am. Clients can book their return flights for any time after 18:00 on the 28th of May. (Most of the guests who choose to fly back on the same day arrive in Port Louis and get a day room at a hotel to freshen up and rest before their flights home.)