Every New Full Week International Adventure Travel Trip Booked will receive 50ct. hand select flies for your destination $325.00+ value!
* Does not apply to any trip being rescheduled due to Covid-19 cancellations * New Trips Booked ONLY * Not valid with other discounts or promotions *
Belize and Award Winning Placencia are the perfect destination for Sports Fishing Adventurers.
Hugged by Mexico to the North, Guatemala to the West and South and the picturesque Caribbean to the East, Belize is a quick two hour flight from the Houston Airport. A unique blend of pristine nature, endless adventure and a rich melting pot of cultures, Belize has something to offer every traveler.
Tarpon Caye Lodge resides only 6 miles west of the second longest barrier reef and is located right in the middle of the Victoria Channel, known as “Permit Alley” for the amazing Permit habitat. Surrounded by hundreds of square miles of exquisite fishing grounds referred to as the “permit capital of the world” right out your front door. Your guide will fish the tides and not the clock!
Contact Front Range Anglers Adventure Travel Manager Lisa McLaughlin for additional information and to BOOK!
When you BOOK with FRA Adventure Travel you never pay more for our services as we work for YOU and the Lodge!
Belize is OPEN
Belize is OPEN – only Gold Standard Lodges are OPEN
- All visitors to Belize must download the Belize Health App and complete required information within 72 hours of your flight to Belize. You can download the app Here.
- Useful tip: After completing the forms in the Health App, screenshot your unique ID and QR code to show the Health Officer upon arrival.
- Prior to arrival, Tourists must:
- Book a stay at a Gold Standard hotel and present confirmation on arrival at Philip SW Goldson International Airport.
- Take a PCR Test within 96 hours of Travel. A negative result will provide a ‘fast track’ arrival process.
- Rapid Antigen, Sophia, SD Biosensor, ABBOT (Panbio) test results will also be accepted, taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel.
- Please note that even with a negative test result in hand, you can be selected for random secondary testing during your health screening.
- Upon arrival at Philip SW Goldson International Airport, visitors will proceed to health screen. (thermal imaging temperature check, disinfect shoes, verify information on Belize Health App, COVID Test if not provided in advance, etc.).
- If no PCR test presented, you will be required to take a COVID test at airport for $50 per passenger at passenger’s own expense. Testing will be done on a “swab and go” basis for tourists that are staying at Gold Standard hotels. Only positive cases will receive notification from Ministry of Health within 24 hours.
- Note: Positive cases will be notified within 24 hours and required to quarantine at your Gold Standard hotel.
- Wear your mask, practice physical distancing protocols and get ready to enjoy your Belize experience.
- Tourists can move around freely but are highly encouraged to remain within the safe corridor and utilize Gold Standard restaurants, tour sites, gift shops, and certified transportation.
Additional Information can be found here.
Tarpon Caye Lodge is surrounded by miles of some of the best fishing flats in the world.
Nothing gets the heart racing more than spotting and stalking a school of feeding Permit up on a flat with their tails in the air! But Permit are spooky fish, and they will not leave the cover of deep water to feed on a flat at low tide, the water is just too shallow.
Our guides know that your best shot at a Permit will be during the four hour period surrounding a high tide, i.e. as the water comes on to the flat, peaks, and then recedes. We will plan your fishing day around these peak windows of opportunity. If high tide is at 6:00 am, you can set your clock for 5:00, grab a cup of coffee and a muffin, jump in the boat with your guide, (who is also staying at the lodge) and be on a flat in five minutes for the best opportunity on a permit!
This is an approach to fishing that is unique to Tarpon Caye lodge. Most operations will have the guide pick you up at a set time, and return you at a set time, regardless of what is happening with the tides. This is fishing the clock and can be very hit or miss.
At Tarpon Caye it is not uncommon for our guests to catch their first Permit before our competition has even fueled up their boats! Then when the tide goes out it is back to the lodge for a delicious brunch, a siesta on your private deck hammock (or more fishing if you’re so inclined), then when the tide returns you are back to the boat, often fishing while enjoying a beautiful Belizean sunset!!
Fishing the tides, not the clock maximizes the effectiveness of your fishing time (and investment!)
Tarpon Caye lodge is located right in the middle of the Victoria Channel, known as “Permit Alley” for the amazing Permit habitat it contains. There are literally miles and miles of pristine flats in this area. Just try to stay calm when you see a tailing Permit from the deck of your cabin, or a school of 100+ tarpon leisurely cruising by as you have your coffee!
To access this area with a guide from the mainland would require a commute which depending on the weather could be an hour long and quite uncomfortable in a small boat. When you stay at Tarpon Caye lodge there is no commute, you wake up at ground zero of the best Belize fishing, and your guide stays on the island with you – there is no waiting around, no lengthy commute to the fishing.
On Ambergris Caye for instance, much of the best fishing takes place on the “lagoon” side of the island – to get there you will spend two hours of your full day fishing just getting to and from the action. You commute to work every day, why commute to your fishing?
At Tarpon Caye lodge your time will be spent fishing, not motoring!
Lodging at Tarpon Caye
Tarpon Caye is a small, intimate Lodge experience with accommodations for only ten guests.
Our guest cabins are Permit, Bonefish, Tarpon and Tiburon. Permit, Tarpon and Bonefish are cabins located over the water with two full beds and private bath. Tiburon is a more spacious cabin featuring two bedrooms with four total beds, a large common area, and two private bathrooms.
Belize International Airport (BZE) is a small airport, and it is easy to get through customs and transfer to your flight to Placencia. Getting here is part of the adventure! As you land, one of our Tarpon Caye Lodge Representative will be waiting at the Placencia airport to pick you up and transfer you to the pier. From the pier there is a 40 minute boat ride to the lodge.
Travel Documents Needed
DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSPORT. A valid passport is required to enter Belize. It’s recommended that you carry a change of clothing and your necessary personal items such as medications in your carry-on bag. Although there has not had a substantial problem with lost luggage, this can help prevent some major headaches. Keep the bottom portion of your Immigration Form, which you will fill out on your arriving flight. It will be used when you depart Belize.
All U.S. citizens are required to have a valid passport that does not expire within six (6) months of trips dates. Please be sure that your passport has at least two blank, unstamped pages remaining in the back, and that it is not torn, de-laminated, or damaged in any way.
Travel Arrangements & Insurance
Terms & Cost
-End of September through November Open Availability
Please contact FRA Adventure Travel Manager Lisa McLaughlin [email protected] for additional available dates
TARPON CAYE PRICES
COST PER ANGLER
PEAK SEASON (March – May)
7 Night /6 Day———–$4,200.00
6 Night /5 Day———–$3,800.00
5 Night/4 Day———–$3,325.00
4 Night/3 Day———–$2,850.00
7 Night/6 Day———–$6,375.00
6 Night/5 Day———–$5,700.00
5 Night/4 Day———–$5,000.00
4 Night/3 Day———–$4,300.00
**Non-Angler sharing a room with an angler is $195 per night**
LOW SEASON (June – February)
7 Night/6 Day———–$3,575.00
6 Night/5 Day———–$3,175.00
5 Night/4 Day———–$2,850.00
4 Night/3 Day———–$2,550.00
7 Night/6 Day———–$5,375.00
6 Night/5 Day———–$4,775.00
5 Night/4 Day———–$4,275.00
4 Night/3 Day———–$3,825.00
**Non-Angler sharing a room with an angler is $195 per night**
- Ground transfers from Placencia airstrip to transport boat and return
- Boat transfer to Tarpon Caye from Placencia and return
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (packed lunch on boat – upon request sodas, bottled drinking water, fresh juice.
- Belizean Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic Beverages (Consumed at our bar)
- Accommodations: private cabin
- Daily Housekeeping
- Guided Fishing: guide, boat, fuel
- Complimentary use of snorkel gear and kayaks
- Wi-Fi internet
PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Gratuities to guide and staff
- Belize Departure Tax (included in ticket or paid at the airport)
- International airfare to and from Belize
- Local airfare to and from Placencia ($230 RT per person)
At the time of booking 50% of the trip is due and payable. At 90 days the remainder plus all VAT and taxes are due. Cancellation greater than 90 days from the date of trip, all monies refunded less $100 fee if a replacement angler is found. Cancellation within 90 Days, no refunds are provided unless a qualified replacement angler is provided. No refunds are provided for trip cancellation due to Weather, Acts of God, Airline/Travel issues.
Trip Insurance is strongly advised & recommended!
Tarpon Caye Lodge COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
A NONREFUNDABLE deposit of 50% per person is due within 10 days of booking to hold both space and guides on all packages. No space or guides will be held without receipt of deposit. Full pre-payment is due 90 days prior to date of trip.
All cancellations must be received in writing, sent to Front Range Anglers. For cancellations due to COVID-19 deposits & final payments are non-refundable, but will result in a 100% credit valid for 1 year.