Orvis: How to Set the Hook on Spinner Eating Trout
In the seventh installment of their 10-part series on how to fish a spinner fall, Dave and Amelia Jensen show how important line control is to setting the hook on trout eating small spinners. If you throw your rod skyward too quickly, ripping the line and fly out of the water, you’re probably going to miss the fish.
- Episode I: How to Fish a Spinner Fall, Introduction
- Episode II: How to Fish a Spinner Fall: Set Up
- Episode III: Understanding Rise Forms During a Spinner Fall
- Episode IV: Fly Selection for a Spinner Fall
- Episode V: How to Cast During a Spinner Fall
- Episode VI: How to Approach Trout During a Spinner Fall